About the Opportunity
Places for People is proud to provide students interested in social work and health care a real-world opportunity to gain experience. We have many field instructors available for students! Work alongside experienced mental health professionals for either a one-semester or two-semester practicum.
We are currently accepting students for the spring semester and will accept applications on a rolling basis until all placements available are filled.
Placement is available for both Bachelor’s Level and Master’s Level students. As a practicum student, you will work with clients both on PfP site and in the community, developing treatment plans, working towards goals, and empowering clients through recovery.
Placements available for a Spring 2018 Practicum
- PATH Team (Services for people living with HIV/AIDS)
- Outreach/Intake department – concentration preferred
- FACT Team (Forensic ACT) – concentration only
- 3700 Team (Community support with a focus on serving those with chronic health conditions) – concentration preferred
- Research and Evaluation
- Must currently be enrolled in health services field and require practicum for a school course
- Contract between university and Places for People must be currently on file or on file by the time the student begins their practicum
- Interest in pursuing a career in mental health services
- If Master’s level student, undergraduate degree in a human services field is preferred
Practicum Opportunities Calendar
- Fall semester– apply until June 30
- Spring semester – apply between October 1-31 (Accepted until placements are filled.)
- Summer semester – apply between March 1-31
Thank you for your interest in fulfilling your practicum requirements with Places for People! Please contact Jen May at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-535-5600 for more information about upcoming practicum opportunities.
To begin the practicum application process, please click Apply Now and upload your resume. You will be contacted within two weeks of submitting your application with any further information.
We would like to introduce you to some past practicum students, and let them tell you in their own words what they learned from their experiences at Places for People.
Marian finished her practicum experience at Places for People the day before earning her Doctorate in Occupational Therapy from Washington …
Meet Ja Won
A student in the Washington University in St. Louis Brown School Master of Social Work program, Ja Won spent the summer with the Places for …
Theresa will graduate this fall with a Master of Social Work from the Saint Louis University Master of Social Work program. She worked with …
Erica graduated from the Saint Louis University Master of Social Work program in August 2014. She split her time as a practicum student betw…