About the Opportunity
Places for People is proud to provide students interested in social work and health care real-world opportunities to gain experience. We have many field instructors available for students! Work alongside experienced mental health professionals for either a one-semester or two-semester practicum.
The application period for Spring 2019 practicum opportunities has closed. We are currently accepting applications for Summer 2019 on a rolling basis until all placements available are filled.
Placement is available for both Bachelor’s Level and Master’s Level students. As a practicum student, you will work with clients both on PfP site and in the community, developing treatment plans, working toward goals, and empowering clients through recovery.
Placements available for Summer 2019
- Outreach Department
- Intake Department
- Community Support
- Forensic Assertive Community Treatment
- Substance Use Services
- Case management for adults living with HIV/AIDS
- Grant research and Grant writing
- Research and Evaluation
- Must currently be enrolled in health services field and require practicum for a school course
- Contract between university and Places for People must be currently on file or on file by the time the student begins their practicum
- Interest in pursuing a career in mental health services
- If Master’s level student, undergraduate degree in a human services field is preferred
- Online application required
Thank you for your interest in fulfilling your practicum requirements with Places for People! Please contact Brent Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-535-5600 for more information about upcoming practicum opportunities.
To begin the practicum application process, please apply online and upload your resume. You will be contacted within two weeks of submitting your application with any further information.
We would like to introduce you to some past practicum students, and let them tell you in their own words what they learned from their experiences at Places for People.
Marian finished her practicum experience at Places for People the day before earning her Doctorate in Occupational Therapy from Washington …
Meet Ja Won
A student in the Washington University in St. Louis Brown School Master of Social Work program, Ja Won spent the summer with the Places for …
Theresa will graduate this fall with a Master of Social Work from the Saint Louis University Master of Social Work program. She worked with …
Erica graduated from the Saint Louis University Master of Social Work program in August 2014. She split her time as a practicum student betw…