Places for People is proud to provide real-world opportunities to gain experience for students interested in pursuing a career in health care and behavioral health.
Places for People offers practicum opportunities in a variety of areas.
Work alongside experienced healthcare professionals for either a one-semester or two-semester practicum. Placement is available for both Bachelor’s Level and Master’s Level students. As a practicum student, you will work with individuals served by the organization at Places for People and in the community, developing treatment plans, working toward goals, and empowering individuals through recovery-focused services.
Interested in a practicum opportunity? Here are the requirements for applying.
- Must currently be enrolled in health services field and require practicum for a school course
- Contract between university and Places for People must be currently on file or on file by the time the student begins their practicum
- Interest in pursuing a career in mental health services
- If Master’s level student, undergraduate degree in a human services field is preferred
- Online application required
Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.Apply Today
- Case Management for Adults Living with HIV/AIDS
- Community Support
- Forensic Assertive Community Treatment
- Grant Research and Grant Writing
- Housing Department
- Human Resources
- Intake Department
- Medical Services
- Occupational Therapy
- Outreach Department
- Research and Evaluation
- Substance Use Services
Need more information?
Please contact Jaime Greenfield:
Call 314-535-5600 / Ext. 146
Don't see a practicum opportunity listed above that suits your needs? Contact Jaime to discuss options.